>>> 📚 LIMITED TIME OFFERS 50% Off <<<
Hi everyone! I’m Georgiana; founder of SpeakEnglishPodcast.com. My mission is to help YOU speak English fluently.
In this episode:
- I’m going to give you seven ideas you can use when you perform repeated listening.
- After that, I’m going to read a Point Of View story. It’s an excellent technique for improving your grammar.
Ok, let’s get started with this new episode!
As you may know, I always encourage students to listen on a daily basis. Listening is the best way to deeply learn the different sounds, words, and expressions you find in English. It’s how we learn our mother tongue.
Also, it’s vital to understand that listening to an audio several times helps you consolidate what you learn.
However, some students complain that they get bored. It’s normal. Our brain likes new and fresh content. In other words, we like the novelty.
Here are some tricks, which will help you to keep your interest while you repeat the same audio material.
- Try to guess what the speaker will say next: At first, it may seem difficult, but since you repeat the audio many times, it’s a stimulating game to play.
- Focus on the pronunciation of each word, especially the words you find more difficult to pronounce. Try to notice the subtleties of each sound.
- Concentrate on the intonation of each sentence. As opposed to the pronunciation of individual words, here, you need to pay attention to the “musicality” of the sentence: the rhythm and the “music” of the phrase.
(END OF THE EXTRACT).
Get the transcript in PDF here.
- Audio en mp3 (right click to save the audio)
- Transcript Episode PDF (right click to save the transcript)