Welcome to the Speak English Now Podcast, your resource for practicing your English speaking and listening. You will also learn about lifestyle and culture, language, vocabulary and how to learn English more effectively.
Hi everyone! I’m Georgiana; founder of SpeakEnglishPodcast.com. My mission is to help YOU speak English fluently.
In this episode:
- I’m going to give you seven ideas you can use when you perform repeated listening.
- After that, I’m going to read a Point Of View story. It’ an excellent technique for improving your grammar.
Ok, let’s get started with this new episode!
As you may know, I always encourage students to listen on a daily basis. Listening is the best way to deeply learn the different sounds, words, and expressions you find in English. It’s how we learn our mother tongue.
Also, it’s vital to understand that listening to an audio several times helps you consolidate what you learn.
However, some students complain that they get bored. It’s normal. Our brain likes new and fresh content. In other words, we like the novelty.
Here are some tricks, which will help you to keep your interest while you repeat the same audio material.
- Try to guess what the speaker will say next: At first, it may seem difficult, but since you repeat the audio many times, it’s a stimulating game to play.
- Focus on the pronunciation of each word, especially the words you find more difficult to pronounce. Try to notice the subtleties of each sound.
- Concentrate on the intonation of each sentence. As opposed to the pronunciation of individual words, here, you need to pay attention to the “musicality” of the sentence: the rhythm and the “music” of the phrase.
(END OF THE EXTRACT).
Get the transcript in PDF here.
- Audio en mp3 (right click to save the audio)
- Transcript Episode PDF (right click to save the transcript)
Can you understand a conversation in English but still can’t speak? With the Fluency course, you will speak English automatically.
Name is Nelson from Portugal.I am very happy to listen all podcasts in your website.
I need to improve my business language because I am accountant and I want to speak English fluently.
Great! I’m delighted to help!
You always offer that listen to your podcast many times. I’m trying to do that but, am I listen to all podcast or just listen practice part?
Hi, dear student! Thanks for contacting. My recommendation is that you listen to the whole episode for one week. Cheers!
I am very happy To learn English
Hi Georgiana, thank you for your podcast.
Every morning I go to work and you are become, my new highway friend!
Thank you very much for your comment. I’m so happy you like my lessons. 🙂
I am very Happy 😃 with your help!
Thank you very much for your comment. I’m so glad you like my lessons. 🙂
Thank you Georgiana for interesting methods