Listen to a new episode of Speak English Now Podcast, your favorite material for practicing your spoken and heard English. You will also learn about lifestyle and culture, language, vocabulary, and how to improve your English more effectively.
Hello everyone! I am Georgiana, founder of speakenglishpodcast.com. I want to help you speak English fluently. Speaking English is easier than it seems! You just have to use the right material and techniques.
In this episode…
– I’m gonna talk about interjections (filler words) in English. It ‘ll be very useful to you.
– Next, a point of view story to improve grammar. I’ve also recorded a short conversation that will help you with your vocabulary.
Remember, you can get the text of the episode at
Perfect! Let’s get started!
Interjection? What an ugly name. Right? But ugly or not tough, interjections exist in all languages.
Basically, an interjection is one or several words that can express some kind of emotion:
– amazement, surprise, sorrow, and so on
Okay, let’s see some examples:
Aha! Oh! Huh? Stop! Ow! Good!
These are all interjections. An interjection can be used as a filler. They are very important in spoken language because the conversation becomes more natural.
Let’s start with some examples:
If you hurt yourself, you could say:
“Ouch! That hurt.”
“Darn! That hurt.”
“Gee! That hurt!”
Well, as you can see, the possibilities here are endless.[End of the Extract]
Get the FULL TEXT in PDF here.
- Audio mp3 (right-click to save the audio)
- FULL-TEXT PDF (right-click to save the TEXT)
Can you understand a conversation in English but still can’t speak? With the Fluency course, you will speak English automatically.